Saturday, August 31, 2013

From Qantas international terminal in Los Angeles…


So I wanted to start off by inviting everyone that takes a look at this blog to check out the two information links to the right of this post.  “About this blog” and the other “Rainforests in Australia?!”  These two links provide the wonderful background information of where I will be staying and the details of my study program. 
I don’t know what to expect to receive from this blog, but I hope it will help me reflect on my journeys and help me gain a better understanding of the world I live in.   I think studying abroad in another country and another culture is more important than anything nowadays, especially when understanding each other is crucial for the future of our species.  Science can create new drugs but understanding ‘each other’ is what will preserve our continued existence.
So, where am I?  Waiting in LAX.with the rest of the SFS students in the international terminal.. Its 10:15PM local time (Los Angeles) and after about 50 minutes of enthusiastic conversation and getting to know each other, we are all tired.  It has been a long journey for all of us to get here, but we are finally here.  Australia awaits us.  Till next time, from down under.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment